Weight Ticker

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Just a quick one...trying to avert some emotional hunger pangs **Edited**

Hi Guys,

I've just arrived at work...I'm all on my own as the rest of my team is either on hols or out of the office...I've had a row with my hubby and am feeling pretty down and now all I want to do is fill the emotional void with snack food...Luckily I have nothing with me but soup and slimfast...still on my post fill liquids.

I decided the best thing to do was to get on here and post it out there so I would feel that at least you guys know how I feel even if no-one else does.  I tend to need to verbalise...

I have had a nice text from hubby, but sometimes the damage is already done in terms of my low mood...but reading your comments from yesterday has already helped and I'm starting to feel a bit more positive and supported.  Now I'm going to get on google reader and catch up for 20mins or so.  That should have sorted me out before the lunch lady comes shouting her wares and presenting temptation in weak moments...I know I won't succumb...I saw my lowest number yet this morning (188.6) and I don't want to compromise that. 

Thanks for listening. xx

**Go Me...We have a new Starbucks which has opened up in our building and staff keep wandering around our office with free samples of various fattening stuff...I just said NO!! to something yummy looking which appeared to have soft-serve ice cream poking out the top of the cup...I didn't even let the girl with the tray get close enough to see what it was, I just smiled and shook my head...OMG...I have nerves of steel...sometimes.  There is hope for me yet! Feeling way better now...xx

6 comments:

  1. (¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´ ♥
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Vivanno Chocolate Banana smoothie from Starbucks. Its only 250 calories and has 15 grams of protein. Very good for when you are doing liquids! Ask for it with skim milk otherwise with will be 270 which is really no big deal. I also get mine with a shot of espresso!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, not sure that I would have turned it down! You DO have nerves of steel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROUGH! Starbucks can be alright, but you definitely have to plan it out before you partake. I'm so glad the nearest 'Bucks is several mines away.

    Congratulations on your victory over frozen & blended treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, way to resist the temptations! Awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on saying no to the Starbucks! And I bet you were jonesing for some afternoon caffeine, too. You're strong!

    ReplyDelete